Finding healthy, easy and satisfying breakfasts are always a mission for me.
I am a big fan of eggs for breakfast but I get tired of it and so I often look for other ideas, but the other ideas aren’t exactly healthy.
Omelettes, French Toast, waffles, Eggs Benedict…Not really ideal. So when I stumbled upon this easy healthy banana oat pancakes recipe, I was incredibly chuffed. They take minutes to knock together and they’re actually delicious.
What is so great about this healthy banana pancake recipe is that they have great texture from the finely ground oatmeal and they are packed with goodness. The oats make them gluten-free so if you are struggling with gluten intolerance or Coeliac disease these are perfect. (Make sure the oats you are using are gluten-free.)
IS OATMEAL GLUTEN FREE?
In short, yes.
The problem comes when the oats are processed in a factory or plant with wheat or other gluten-containing grains which can cause cross-contamination so just make 100% sure your oatmeal is gluten-free before proceeding.
These healthy blender pancakes also get a good boost of protein from the eggs (be sure to use free-range/organic eggs) and of course the bananas are little health bombs themselves. Packed full of fiber, potassium and many other essential vitamins and minerals.
All in all, a fantastic alternative to regular old pancakes filled with all the good stuff and a great easy healthy breakfast. Yum!
HOW DO YOU MAKE HEALTHY BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES?
Making this banana oatmeal pancake recipe is easier than you think.
• 2 medium ripe bananas (best when they have lots of brown spots)
• 2 eggs
• 1 ½ cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Olive oil, for cooking
• In a blender, Just place all ingredients into a blender. Allow blending until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well.
• Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until thickened slightly.
• Add olive oil or coconut oil to a griddle or large nonstick pan and place over medium heat. Add pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and tiny bubbles appear around the edges.
• Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
• Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit of your choice.
Banana Oat Pancake Batter should be thinner than traditional pancakes, but should not be runny. If you find the batter too thick, add in 1 teaspoon of milk at a time and blend; repeat until desired consistency is reached. If you find the batter too thin, add in 1 tablespoon oats and blend well; repeat until desired consistency is reached.
How to keep pancakes warm ?
You can absolutely make these pancakes ahead of time and keep them warm in the oven. Simply place oven at 200 degrees F, then add pancakes to a platter or oven-safe plate and place in the oven until ready to serve.
How to freeze pancakes ?
If you really want to make your pancakes ahead of time and serve them at a later date, you can place the pancakes on a baking sheet so they aren’t touching and place in the freezer for 30 minutes, then place them in freezer-safe containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Once ready to reheat, simply add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or until warm.
I know you’re going to love these banana oatmeal pancakes, please let me know if you make it by leaving a comment for the recipe below.
I’d love to hear from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! Enjoy