Give your immune system a little boost this winter season with a tasty, nutrient-packed honey turmeric vitamin C shot. It’s easy to make with simple kitchen ingredients and tastes way better than a supplement!
You guys know I’m all about a food-first approach !
Taking an Ayurvedic Approach to Winter Wellness
When it comes to boosting your mood and health during the winter, consider an Ayurvedic approach. In essence, this means emphasizing foods that are warm and oily. Just as the atmosphere becomes cold and dry, so does our skin. We need nutrients that nourish our bodies from the inside out. Like, citrus.
How Does Vitamin C Support the Immune System?
Vitamin C is an important vitamin that acts as an antioxidant in the body, protecting cells and aiding in the production and function of white blood cells that fight off inflammation and infection.
Enjoying this tasty Orange Ginger Drink made with real Orange Juice, honey, and spices is so much better than choking down a powder from a packet. It’s also much more cost-effective, and I can control the ingredients.
Luckily, it’s easy to get all the vitamin C you need from real food sources, like 100% orange juice, without reaching for a supplement.
Carrots + oranges + lemon + ginger root + turmeric root = liquid sunshine
I mean, it’s straight goodness. An instant mood booster.
• Orange – Orange Juice contains vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to help support overall skin health.
• Honey – Honey has antibacterial properties, especially raw and Manuka kinds of honey, and honey may also decrease the severity and duration of coughs.
• Turmeric – Turmeric contains a powerful compound called curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. In this recipe, black pepper helps aid in absorption.
• Ginger – Ginger also contains anti-inflammatory compounds, as well as antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Of all our winter wellness tips, this is the most delicious one. You’ll want to sip on this nourishing drink all winter long.
This juice recipe is sweet, tart, and with a slight “bite” from fresh ginger root. You can certainly give it more than a slight bite if you are a ginger lover. Just increase that ginger zing by adding more ginger root. Either way, you’re gonna feel better after you drink this.
Read on for the recipe!
Orange Ginger Wellness Elixir
• 1 cup Orange juice
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1/4 cup carrot juice
• 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
• 2 tablespoons freshly grated turmeric
• pinch black pepper
• 1/4 cup coconut milk
• pinch cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon honey
Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend, then simmer on the stove for 5 minutes. Drink!
Other Healthy Recipes:
Gut Healing Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
Leave a Reply