Morning or evening, summers call for a cold refreshing drink. Let us make a tasty and healthy drink with our list of healthy summer drink recipes.
The summer season is almost synonymous with refreshing fruit beverages and sugar-loaded desserts. For beverages, we either end up getting up in a cafe or go for carbonated sugar-rich beverages, but they can also be made at home with little effort and that too sugarless.
Staying hydrated is extremely important!
Today I am covering 5 refreshing summer coolers with this post for the upcoming summer season.
The Benefits of Drinking Homemade Health Drinks Over Packaged Drinks
1. They just kick-start your system, as they are made out of a considerable proportion of water and nutritious ingredients.
2. Nutritious health drinks help you to boost your physical activity level to a maximum.
3. Keep your brain function on point and also stops nagging headaches to appear. Headache is a red flag that indicates your body is dehydrated.
4. They control your recurring hunger pangs and are a reservoir of antioxidants.
5. They strengthen your immunity system and fight back diseases to occur, trick your lymphatic system and detoxify the internal mechanism.
6. They flush out mineral crystal clumps from your urinary system tracks. Higher fluid intake increases the volume of urine, and the kidney, therefore, preventing Kidney stone formation in your system.
7. Lastly, they help the formation of new tissues and cells in your body that keeps your skin young, healthy, and glowing.
Quench your Thirst with These 5 Healthy Summer Drink Recipes
1. Aam Panna
An absolute lip-smacking drink that is the most popular summer drink across India is made with our favourite king of fruits-mango.
There’s nothing quite like a classic aam ka Panna which is vegan and gluten-free, made with a few simple everyday ingredients like raw mango, jaggery, spices, and mint leaves.
Along with many other health benefits, mango Panna has mainly known for heat resistant properties. It is a natural coolant.
Also read: Gut Friendly Mango Recipes
• Mangoes are a rich source of Vitamin A and minerals.
• It aids in digestion and helps prevent constipation.
• It helps replenish the sodium lost through perspiration in summer.
Here is the Mango Panna Recipe
• 1 large or about 500 grams Green raw mango pulp (You can roast or steam the mangoes or cook them in a pan according to your desire. But they should become soft, so that the peel and the pulp come out easily)
• 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
• ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
• 2 teaspoons Black salt (Kala namak)
• Salt to taste
• ½ cup jaggery powder (Gur)
• 4 cups of Chilled Water
1. Assemble raw boiled mango puree with roasted cumin powder, black salt, black pepper powder, salt and jaggery.
2. Blend it to a smooth with chilled Water and strain.
3. Pour in a glass. Serve chilled and garnish with a sprinkle of roasted cumin powder or mint leaf.
2. Papaya lemonade
Do not love papaya? Make this delicious Papaya Lemonade this summer.
It is fresh, juicy, mildly fruity; perfect for the summer. This papaya lemonade is easy, refreshing and so delicious that it makes you feel cool and relaxed on a warm day.
This drink is perfect to cure various ailments related to indigestion and general discomforts of the digestive system.
• Papaya has high fibre content and facilitates bowel movements.
• It also helps in the elimination of toxins from the body, as well as to lose weight.
•It reduces inflammation, keeps blood sugar levels at bay, prevents cardiovascular diseases, and improves bone health.
Here is the Papaya Lemonade Recipe
• ½ cup papaya chunks 100g (seeds removed)
• ¼ cup lemon juice 60ml (approx 1 lemon)
• 1 cup chilled water 180ml
• 2 stems of cilantro/coriander leaves
• 1 teaspoon honey (or more to taste)
1. Put everything in the blender and blend until combined – you may need to stir a little after by hand to ensure the honey is mixed through rather than sinking to the bottom.
2. Serve over ice and enjoy.
3. Watermelon Mojito
There’s nothing like a refreshing Watermelon Mojito with fresh mint and lime on a hot summer day!
Watermelon is one of the healthy fruit for summer days that makes you healthy, cool, and refreshing. Watermelon, lime, mint, and adding any sweetener make this drink delicious.
It’s a 5-star resort-worthy drink you can make at home that’s perfect for kids and adults alike!
• Watermelon is rich in fibre, it is a good digestion aid. It helps flush out toxins.
• It helps relieve fatigue and stress.
• It is also good for relieving headaches on a scorching hot summer day.
Here is the Watermelon Mojito Recipe
• 4 cups ripe watermelon (seedless)
• ¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (3 to 4 large lemons)
• 1 teaspoon honey (or more to taste)
• 2 cups ice
• fresh mint leaves
1. Place the chopped watermelon in a blender and blend until liquid. Strain the liquid with a fine-mesh sieve back into the blender.
2. Squeeze the lemons. Add the lemon juice, honey, mint and ice and blend again until smooth. Pour into a pitcher.
3. Serve garnished with watermelon and lemon slices, and a few additional ice cubes.
4. Jaljeera Drink
Jal Jeera is a very famous drink from North India which is consumed mostly in summers to beat the scorching heat.
The flavour of this drink is very relishing. It is a desirable drink that provides a lot of health benefits.
This drink is not only refreshing and cooling but is also a great appetizer. It aids digestion and is good to drink when you have an upset stomach. It also helps in weight loss by increasing metabolism.
• It is a nutritious drink that helps to cool the body.
• It soothes the tummy because of the ginger content present in it and that helps to treat pain caused due to abdominal cramps and menstrual cramps.
• It aids in digestion and provides relief from acidity and heartburn.
• The pH level of the body is also maintained by drinking jaljeera.
Here is the Jaljira Recipe
• 1/4 cup Mint Leaves
• 1/4 cup coriander leaves
• 1/2 inch Ginger
• 2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder/ Jeera Powder
• 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder / Dry Mango Powder
• 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
• 2 tsp Lemon Juice
• Pepper to taste
• 2 cups ice
• Take the fresh mint and coriander leaves in a mixer jar, along with 2 tsp beers powder, salt and ginger along with lemon juice.
• Add little water and grind to a smooth paste. Take the quantity of chilled water as required.
• For 1 serving of 100 ml, we can approx use about 2 to 3 teaspoons of ground paste.
• Adjust as per your taste and serve over ice cubes.
5. Mint Buttermilk (Pudina Chaas)
This super refreshing, cooling pudina chaas is a summertime staple drink. This mint chaas is a variation of the regular masala chaas.
Butter Milk, also known as Chaas or Mattha, is one of the most popular beverages relished all over India. It is a perfect drink to beat the summer heat and is easy to prepare.
Apart from being refreshing and very palatable, it is a very healthy drink and is excellent to treat an upset stomach. It aids in digestion and also provides our body with good bacteria.
• It helps settle any indigestion issues you may be having by detoxifying your system.
• It is a rich source of calcium, Vitamin B12, and potassium.
• It also helps eliminate headaches and nausea.
Here is the Pudina Buttermilk Recipe
• 1 cup curd/ plain yoghurt
• 1 ½ cups Water Chilled
• 2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina), chopped
• ½ Green chilli seeds removed
• 1 inch Ginger, chopped
• ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
• ½ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
• Pinch of Black pepper powder
• Ice cubes
• Take all the ingredients into the blender.
• Blend it until smooth (you’ll see the tiny specs of mint leaves).
• Pour into the serving glass with ice cubes and enjoy.
It would be great right if Indian Summer Drinks promise you health along with freshness? So, try these healthy cool drinks to make at home, which you can add to your meals or just have during the afternoon to beat the scorching heat.
At Detoxpri we are more than eager to serve you with pieces of information that are going to take care of your health and nutrition. All these recipes we talked about are preservative and Sugar-free. They will keep you hydrated and cool on summer days.
Here is an another article with 9 Homemade Detox Water recipe, do checkout.
Leave a Reply