Melons are juicy, fleshy fruits that, when perfectly ripe, can transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise.
What is Muskmelon
Muskmelon, also known as Cantaloupe Melon, is a fruit with high antioxidants, minerals, and other beneficial properties. It is widely grown in India and is popular across the country.
5 Health Benefits Of Muskmelon
1. Keeps The Body Hydrated: Chilled muskmelon (kharbuja) instantly streams a wave of freshness into the body. Water makes for almost 90% of muskmelon. It has a high water content, which helps keep your body hydrated during the hot summers.
2. Immunity Booster: Muskmelon is extremely rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and also vitamin A, which makes it an acclaimed food for boosting immunity and for flushing out toxins from the body. While Vitamin A and phytochemicals help to keep your gut health that is directly associated with your immune system.
3. Resolves Constipation: Muskmelon has a high fibre and water content, making it an excellent natural remedy for constipation and other digestive system problems. The fibre content aids in healthy bowel movements and has a relaxing effect on the stomach.
4. Improves Vision: Muskmelon is rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene. Beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein are three powerful antioxidants found in sweet melons that are widely known for promoting eye health. Regularly eating this fruit can help prevent age-related vision loss.
5. Helps In Weight Loss: Muskmelon is low in fat and calories which makes it one of the best sources to lose weight. However, it takes a long time to leave your stomach and enter the digestive tract, thus making you feel full for a longer time. Muskmelons are also high in water, which keeps you hydrated and increases the feeling of fullness.
Easy Muskmelon (kharbuja) Recipes For Weight Loss
1. Muskmelon Chaat
Muskmelon chaat – tangy, spicy and refreshing Indian style salad using musk melon or cantaloupe. It is ridiculously easy to make, wonderfully refreshing, and can be made with completely tasteless muskmelons and still turn out flavorful.
• 2 cups muskmelon cubes ( cantaloupe / kharbuja )
• 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves ( pudina )
• 2 pinches chaat masala
• 1 tsp honey
• 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
• 1 pinch of black salt
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients.
2. Finally, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and gently mix well to combine.
3. Keep in the fridge for 30 min to mix in the flavours. Enjoy chilled!
2. Muskmelon Lassi
The aromatic, refreshingly rich flavour of muskmelon along with curd is a combination like none other. The best part is that for the calorie-conscious this is probably the best drink for summers.
• 4 to 5 cubes of musk melon
• 3/4 cup Low-fat plain curd/yoghurt
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 cashew
• 2 almonds
• Pinch of cardamom powder
• Ice cubes
1. In a blender, place muskmelon, yoghurt, honey, cashew and cardamom powder. Blend on high speed until smooth.
2. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve over ice.
3. Melon Aqua Fresca with Lime
This healthy, hydrating Honeydew Melon Agua Fresca with Lime is the most refreshing drink! It’s easy to make in the blender in minutes and naturally sweetened – no sugar in this real food drink!
• 1 medium-size muskmelon, cubed/chunked
• 2 cups chilled coconut water or filtered water
• 2 limes, juiced
• ¼ cup honey
• Ice cubes
1. To a blender, add the honeydew melon chunks, coconut water, lime juice and honey, then blend until the drink is pureed and no chunks remain about 20-30 seconds.
2. Strain the agua fresca drink through a fine-mesh strainer into a large glass pitcher with a lid or 64-ounce mason jar, using a wooden spoon to gently press on the pulp to squeeze the remaining juice out, then discard the solids.
3. Place the agua fresca in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes or immediately serve the melon agua fresca with lime chilled over ice. Enjoy!
4. Triple Melon Smoothie
This healthy fruit smoothie recipe is best in the summer when watermelon, muskmelon and honeydew are ripe and sweet. Bananas add creaminess to this vegan smoothie.
• ½ cup chopped watermelon
• ½ cup chopped ripe muskmelon
• ½ cup chopped ripe honeydew melon
• ¼ cup diced banana
• 6 ice cubes
• A squeeze of lime juice
1. In a blender, combine watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, banana, ice and lime juice in a blender.
2. Puree until smooth.
5. Melon Sorbet
Enjoy your delicious Melon Sorbet – a no-dairy alternative to ice cream, but just as refreshing nonetheless!
• 4 cups fresh muskmelon, cubed
• 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tbsp raw honey
• 2 tbsp water
1. Place the cubed muskmelon onto the baking sheet, leaving space in between the cubes to allow for even freezing. Place the tray into the freezer and freeze them overnight, or until completely frozen – at least 4-6 hours.
2. Place the frozen muskmelon into the blender and blend it until the cantaloupe becomes crumbly.
3. Add the lemon juice, honey, and water at this time and then pulse again. You may need to add more water until the mixture becomes more fluid, but not slushy.
4. Taste and add any additional honey as needed at this time if it needs to be a little sweeter.
5. Serve immediately, or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Contact Us Today
Your search for a weight loss consultant ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.