This Indian dessert is a real crowd-pleaser that is enjoyed by people of all ages. It is healthy, plant-based, gluten-free, and simple to create.
Yes, Besan Jaggery Laddoo is a guilt-free treat that may be eaten without worrying about those extra calories. It is low fat, healthful, and produced without sugar, oil, or milk.
What Is Chickpea Flour?
Besan, also referred to as Indian Gram flour, is made by powdering dried chickpeas. It is frequently used in Indian cuisine, especially for creating sandwiches and snacks like Pakodas. In some sauces and gravies, chickpea flour can be used in place of wheat flour since it mixes well, adds a nutty flavour to the food, and is a fantastic alternative to other gluten-containing grains.
This versatile product has numerous health benefits and is a key component in many skin lightening home remedies. It is applied to the skin to exfoliate and cleanse it. It is also applied to the hair. It aids in weight loss and diabetes management.
Here are some healthy diabetes snacks that are guilt-free.
Is Besan Good For You?
Gram flour, also known as Besan, is a highly nutritious ingredient with numerous health benefits. It contains a good amount of protein, which can help vegetarians meet their protein requirements. Whole wheat flour contains more calories than besan. It is nutritionally dense and thus promotes weight loss because it contains less fat than non-vegetarian protein counterparts.
It contains a lot of minerals like iron, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin B-6 and thiamine. Besan contains unsaturated fats that are beneficial to cholesterol levels. Laddoos made from Besan are suitable for diabetics due to their low glycemic index.
Here are some of the key reasons why Besan is so beneficial to your body:
- Helps lower the glycaemic index.
- Has a very high protein content.
- It is gluten-free.
- High in nutritive values.
- Helps with weight loss.
- It helps in controlling diabetes.
- Helps with heart health too.
- A high amount of soluble fiber and folates.
How To Make Besan Ladoo Recipe
The colour of this ladoo is determined by the type of jaggery used. The consistency of the syrup is critical here. If you skip the required consistency, you may end up with Hard Ladoo, which is also delicious. Only a sticky consistency is required here.
There will be no problems even if you use one-string syrup. However, make certain to not burn the flour while roasting.
- 1 cup Gram Flour/besan
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup desi Ghee
- 1/2 cup Jaggery Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons milk (or another dairy-free milk)
- Add the besan flour to a large pan and dry roast it for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring once or twice
- Turn up the heat to medium and add almonds, walnuts, and desi ghee, mixing well and roasting it for 10-15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the jaggery powde, cardamom powder, nutmeg, and salt. Sprinkle milk into the mixture and mix well. If the mixture doesn’t come together, add a few more drops.
- As the mixture is still warm, grease your palm with little ghee and shape the ladoo. Let it cool down completely at room temperature.
I hope you will try this besan jaggery laddoo recipe and enjoy as much as i did. Please give a star rating ★ below. Follow us Instagram for more recipes and ideas.
Leave a Reply