Our Anti-bloating smoothie recipe is a yummy and personalized recipe for you to relish without compromising on your taste buds.
Common causes of Bloating
Bloating occurs when fluid or air is trapped in the digestive tract. It can be caused by an imbalance of electrolytes – sodium and potassium. Too much sodium can cause bloating, so I bring things back to balance with potassium-rich foods.
Since bloating is common in both adults and children, I’ve created Two smoothies for bloating, specifically to fight this discomfort. Also read the holistic tips to prevent bloating.
De-Bloat Green Smoothie Recipe 1
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 large cucumber sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Handful of ice
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend them well
Then, add 1tsp apple cider vinegar to it and mix well. (optional)
And, enjoy our Anti-bloating smoothie recipe!
• Coconut water contains antioxidants that protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. Moreover, it is great for diabetic patients.
• Cucumbers may play an important role in controlling sugar levels. It also contains substances that may help lower blood sugar or stop blood glucose from rising too high.
• Banana is rich in nutrients and contains all the antioxidants your body needs. Also, it is great for our gut health. Bananas also aid in weight loss.
• Ginger drastically lowers blood sugar levels and improves heart health. Adding to that, it is often the first ingredient to treat bloating issues.
• Mint leaves help to promote better digestion and ease nausea. The leaves are also packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, B6 and C, as well as calcium and iron.
De-Bloat Green Smoothie Recipe 2
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1/4 papaya, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
Add pineapple, papaya, cucumber, ginger, turmeric, coconut water, and ice into a blender.
Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
• Pineapple is known to help with digestion thanks to an enzyme called bromelain.
• Papaya contains papain, which is an enzyme that aids in the digestion of fibre and protein
• Cucumber is rich in potassium, it’s able to block any bloating side effects from sodium. It will also add a light refreshing taste to your smoothie.
• Ginger and turmeric both are anti-inflammatory, which will help reduce your bloat in no time.
These recipes are full of goodness, packed with vitamins & minerals, calming & soothing on the digestive system.
Leave a Reply