Every night during Ramadan, dates appear on the table. However, plain dates can become boring after a few days. To combat this, I’ve compiled a list of recipes that include dates in various forms. These are a variety of dishes that can be served for iftar or Sehri, or saved for a midnight snack.
Nutritional Facts of Dates
- They contain 54% sugar and 7% protein.
- They are a good source of fibre, potassium and copper.
- They are highly rich in Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6), Vitamin A and K.
- They play an important role in regulating cholesterol levels, bone health, and boosting cognitive importance.
- They reduce the risk of a stroke and also aid in the process of digestion.
- They have high magnesium content that regulates the levels of calcium, vitamin D and electrolytes in the body.
5 Health Benefits of Dates
Dates boast of a large number of vital nutrients, which contribute to various health benefits.
1. Healthy Digestion
2. High in Natural Sugar
3. Full of Antioxidants
4. Bone Strength
5. Promote Brain Health
7 Must-Eat Foods for a Healthy Gut
These Healthy and Tasty Date Recipes Will Make Your Ramadan Energy Levels High
1. STUFFED DATES
Dates are perfect for stuffing since they are left with that huge gap after you pit them.
These gourmet stuffed dates are so quick and easy to make, and they make a delicious snack with very little effort! Choose from three distinct flavours that are all equally delicious. They’re ideal for Ramadan, Navratri, or any other occasion.
It’s a traditional take on a childhood favourite. Remove the pit from each date by cutting a slit in it. Fill each date with a 12-tablespoon nut butter. Toss some freshly chopped strawberries and bananas into the nut butter on top of each date. You can also add some chia seeds.
Savoury Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
Pistachios top these savoury goat cheese-stuffed dates. Combine the Greek yoghurt and goat cheese in a small bowl. The consistency will be thick, almost paste-like. Remove the pit from each date by cutting a slit in it. Fill each date with the mixture gently. Incorporate chopped pistachios into the cheese mixture on top of each date.
Chocolate Covered Date With Almonds
These are the ideal quick and easy dessert or snack! Remove the pit from each date by cutting a slit in it. Fill each date with an almond gently. Set the dates aside in a bowl or tray, completely covering the almonds. Drop the dates, one at a time, into the melted dark chocolate, roll gently to coat, and sprinkle lightly with the crushed almonds and pistachios mixture. Freeze for about 1 hour, or until the chocolate hardens. Allow for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
Healthiest Cheeses for Cheese Lovers
2. Delicious Date Shake
Made with all-natural ingredients and no added sugar, this date smoothie is packed full of protein, Fiber and is high in Omega 3.
• 1 medium frozen banana
• 1 ¼ cups oat milk (or your fav milk)
• 3 dates pitted
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon/ nutmeg powder
Also read: The Right Way to Use Chia Seeds for Weight Loss
• Making sure your banana is peeled, throw it into your smoothie maker/food processor.
• Add the milk, dates, chia seeds and cinnamon. Give it a good blend.
• Done! Easy peasy.
3. Dreamy chocolate date smoothie
For all the chocolate lovers! This chocolate and date smoothie looks more indulgent than it is. Richly flavoured with cocoa, it’s packed with slow-release energy from dates.
• 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk (or your fav milk)
• 3 dates pitted
• 1 medium frozen banana
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon nut butter
• 1/4 teaspoon flaxseed
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
• Place the milk and dates in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth to break down the dates, about 30 seconds.
• Add the bananas, cocoa powder, nut butter, flaxseed and cinnamon. Blend on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 45 seconds more.
****Add a few berries: blueberries, raspberries or strawberries for a sweet fruit taste.
Every sip of this smoothie tastes lush and indulgent, yet it’s blended together with just a handful of wholesome, nourishing ingredients.
These Date Drinks are:
✓ is naturally sweetened.
✓ makes a wonderful post-workout drink.
✓ is super sweet, tastes like a dessert.
✓ is nourishing and healthful for you.
✓ is a delight for anyone with a sweet tooth.
✓ is thick and creamy.
✓ is great for weight loss.
✓ is gluten-free, paleo, vegan, sugar-free.
✓ is rich in vitamins and protein.
✓ helps you cool yourself down on a hot day.
Need more smoothies? We’ve more than got you covered, then. Here’s an Anti-bloating smoothie with a kick, and here’s a healthy Fig smoothie. Here’s a Science-backed Fruity Smoothie! Treat yourself 😉
Leave a Reply