It’s Plant Power Day on 7 March 2021 and here’s everything you need to know about it.
Plant Power Day is the perfect solution for those trying to include more foliage in their diet while still keeping their carnivore habits.
Plant-based means food that comes from plants and doesn’t contain animal ingredients such as meat, milk, eggs, or honey.
The best way to celebrate Plant Power Day is to have an entire set of meals during the day that is completely based on plants.
Plant-based foods tend to be:
Packed with a wide range of vitamins and minerals
GOOD FOR OUR PLANET
GO BIG ON PLANTS on March 7th and you can.
Save 1,500 litres of water (two whole weeks of showers)
Reduce your carbon footprint by 2kg (the energy needed to make 1,064 cups of tea)
IDEAS FOR THIS DAY
Think about the meals you eat on a typical day and how you could adapt them to be plant-based. By experimenting with plant-based foods for Plant Power Day, you may be surprised at how satisfying and tasty the options can be.
• Try swapping beef mince in a chilli or bolognese for soya mince or beans, lentils and chickpeas. Try these tasty snack recipes using chickpeas
• Add beans, lentils or tofu to stews, soups and curries. Try these Plant-based sources of protein.
• Include a sprinkling of nuts and seeds in your salads
• Try a milkshake, latte or smoothie using fortified plant-based milk. Here is a recipe to make oat milk at home.
• Use nut and seed butter on wholegrain crackers or an apple for a healthy snack like this chocolate peanut butter bars.
If you can’t manage a whole planet, just try to get more plants into your day; why not start the day with our One Day Plant-Based Diet recipe below:
Green fruity Smoothie with non-dairy milk
Chia seed pudding with fresh berries and a spoonful of almond butter
Zucchini Noodles with chunky tomato sauce
Whole-wheat toast topped with peanut butter and berries
Millet porridge bowl with seasonal vegetables
Dairy-free Pumpkin Soup or Beetroot, Carrot Tomato Soup bowl
The Plant-Powered Diet highlights the health and weight loss benefits associated with eating more whole plant foods. Click here to book a free nutrition consultation. Nutrition analysis and exclusive tips. Personalized recipes meal plan. Time-saving menus and grocery lists.
Leave a Reply