Celebrate Mother’s Day the Healthy Way
Honour Mom Without Sabotaging Her Diet
Mother’s day is to celebrate honour for the Motherhood, Maternal bond and influence of a mother in family and society. While the dates vary every year, it is largely celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year. This year, it will be celebrated on May 10.
IMPORTANCE OF NUTRITION FOR MOTHERS
Mother is the first family physician for all of us, where she understands our all needs and keeps us healthy.
She is all around us and sometimes she forgets to eat her food. That may cause nutritional deficiency to her and she may get weakness or fall to illness, by understanding the nutritional need of your mother.
Your contribution towards health would be the most valuable and lovely gift to A Mother. So, on this Mother’s Day, we share some healthy nutrition tips for busy moms.
Balancing her diet with nutrients is the key
It is important to maintain a healthful, balanced diet to achieve the recommended amounts of the important nutrients.
1. Protein-rich food: Eggs, Chicken, Salmon, Greek Yoghurt, Lentils, Legumes, low-fat dairy.
2. Calcium-rich foods: Dairy products, dark green leafy vegetables, nuts, grains, beans.
3. Vitamin D-rich foods: Eggs and salmon
4. Magnesium-rich foods: Dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans and legumes, whole grains, avocados, and low-fat dairy.
5. Riboflavin-rich foods: Fortified cereals, almonds, organ meats, whole grains, wheat germ, mushrooms, soybeans, dairy products, eggs, and dark green vegetables.
6. Thiamine-rich foods: Fortified cereals, legumes, nuts, and red meat.
7. Vitamin B6-rich foods: Meat, poultry, fatty fish, whole grains, fortified cereals, soybeans, avocados, baked potato with skin, bananas, and peanuts.
8. Good quality fats: Avocados, Nuts, seeds ( flax seeds, hemp, melon, pumpkin seeds ), Salmon, olive oil.
9. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid your body getting dehydrated.
It is of paramount importance to eat clean and green and to say no to junk food and not to be fooled by advertisements. Each woman has the power within herself to build her health and to learn to use food as the means to give herself and her family a boost of health.
Look for recipes that are both healthy and easy for you (kids) to prepare. Check out our healthy Mother’s Day recipes :
Here are few things that you can do for your Mom:
● Ask her to eat with you.
● Feed her with love from your plate (that will improve the mother-child bonding as well)
● If you are getting late to home, tell the women in your life to eat early.
● If you are good at cooking, cook something delicious and nutritious for her. (that gives her a feeling of comfort and rest for a while)
Let’s celebrate this Mother Day with new inspiration and a Salute to all the mothers for their Motherhood.
From all of us at Nutrition Link Services, we wish Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there!